Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kolter's World

Our little honey is just 8 days shy of being 8 months. It seems like he has grown SO much in the past month. He's pretty much eating most that we do and not so much baby food these days. Other than the rice cereal and oatmeal he enjoys most of the gerber graduates fruits and veggies. Baby fishy crackers and puffs are other favorites of his. Bath time is also his favorite time of day. He splishes and splashes and would stay in there all day if we'd let him. He also learned to pull himself up onto things, such as the couch, just recently. That's a tad scary as he's not all that skilled at going back to sitting ,once he's up, so if you're not watching he'll typically fall when his legs give out. It's getting about that time when I'll wish he wore a padded helmet everywhere. You forget how accident prone they can be when learning to crawl, stand, and walk. He's not quite crawling yet but can get from here to there when he needs to. No, not the army crawl either. More of a scoot dragging one leg type thing. He can scoot backwards really fast so that's how he usually moves. I'm thinking he'll have the crawling thing mastered in less than 8 days making the 8 month mark for being an official crawler. The Christmas tree is a good incentive. His eyes light up at the sight of it. It may be the shiny ornaments and lights. He isn't really talking much. No ma-ma or da-da yet although Kenz and I swear he said ma-ma a few weeks back. It must have been a fluke as we haven't heard it since. Still just ah-goo babble and other baby sounds that sound wonderful in his language. He does do So-Big so that's been exciting for me as I've been doing that with him since birth. If you ask him how big he is he lifts his little arms above his head all on his own. It's just too cute. I think that's about it for now... we're still just enjoying every moment with him and looking forward to his 1st Christmas.
He's deep in prayer here. Just kidding~I think he was actually sneezing.
He likes to beat his spoon on the tray as it makes lots of noise. He loves noise!
Hello chunky food and bye-bye baby food.
I know this pic is blurry but I thought it was funny that he decided to try eating his tray.

Standing up like such a big boy!


So Big!!!
Not quite crawling.


3 comments:

aelders said...

He's getting sooo big! What adorable pictures! I still think you should start doing Creative Memories!!

Nina_VK said...

OMGoodness, he is getting so big!! I can't wait until I am done with baby food! What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast it goes yet! Eli will be 7 months next week. Ahh! He is not crawling quite yet but close and a faster roller. We are still on baby food but we haven't been pushing it, but since it's so messy I think Matt is going to be sick of it soon. He says lots of babble, and Dadda or a funny Dade, of course he started that during hunting season. Eli also loves to try to bite on the side of the tray!
We will see you soon for Christmas.
Since I don't blog- can you just print out what you put on here? I was thinking you could just do that and then put it all in a book. That would be a lot faster than creative memories cut and paste. I did one book for Jess, but haven't had the time to do any since then. I barely get my photo's into an album nowadays.
~ Audrey