Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shermie

So this afternoon, while the boys were napping, Kenz and I decided to enjoy the sunshine and do a little weeding in the backyard. Our landscaping was in dire need of weed pulling. Anyway, as we were going along Kenz comes up to me and surprises me with a worm. For a moment I began to freak, as I'm not much for squirmy worms, but I soon reminded myself not to so that she wouldn't become this child scared of bugs and such. She actually loves insects, so we're trying to be pretty cool with that. We had a neighbor boy over who totally freaked when he saw a bug, of sorts, in our basement. Bryan was proud that his 3 year old daughter was cool picking it up and squishing it. So, back to the worm... Kenz took to Shermie right away. She held him the entire hour we were out pulling weeds. She was talking to him like he was her special doll or something. It was the sweetest thing. She also proceeded to ask if he could come inside when we went in. At that point I had to draw the line, so we made a nice little bed for Shermie in a hot pink tupperware cup and he is now sleeping nicely in her playhouse on our deck. Shermie the wormie will be very much loved by Kennedy.



5 comments:

TracyVDM said...

Cute! ...and gross! :p

I just love Kenz- she cracks me up. Especially her cute little voice!

TracyVDM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rotman's said...

Like when she continued to wish Bella Happy Mother's Day? Bella, Bella, Happy Mother's Day Bella. She is very much entertaining, that's for sure. I need to video tape more.

The Rotman's said...

Shermie died in the rainstorm last night. Actually he was very much dead before that, but he's missing from the pink cup as it was knocked over. I'm sure we'll find another.

TracyVDM said...

Awww, poor Shermie! :)

Oh- and yes- I had originally written about her saying "happy mother's day", but it didn't post.