Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tulip Time Highlights


Oh what a fun Tulip Time week it has been.

The week started off, for us, last Friday night with fireworks which was a fun family filled evening. We even caught up with some friends down there, and as always, it was fun to fellowship with them. We had a great parking spot, too, and were outta there without a hitch which is a blessing in itself as in years past we've waited in traffic for longer than we cared to.

On Tuesday night we headed down to watch some dancing and attempt some pics in the park. We were hoping for some good ones of Ella and the kids and this is what we got.

I'm thinking Jill may have been able to capture some better ones. I had my zoom- zoom lens, my oops, so I had to make do.

Here are a few more pics of the kids enjoying our time in the park.
His famous crawl.
Hmm.. I knew I could walk in wooden shoes.. I just needed a sec.

My pretty poser.
Looking like a sharp little Dutch boy.


Such a nice smile.
A sucker was the only thing that got him to sit.
He was on the go the moment you put him down.
Another sweet pose.
And another..
On Wednesday we headed to the parade. Praise God the rain held off and it turned out to be a perfect parade day. The sun was even shining. Thankfully my parents came with to help me or I don't think I would've lasted there as long as I did. Toting three kids to the parade is a lot of work. We met up with some friends and had a great time. Thanks again, Kelly, or shall I say Ryan, for saving us a spot to sit. That really worked out great.
Kooper, Emma, Kolter, and Grandma enjoying the parade.
Mallory, Kennedy, Kailyn, Michael, Ryan and Will
Kennedy and Kailyn dancing it up and having a blast!
I do see Klompen Stompen in their future.

Tonight we headed down for our last hurrah of the festival and again had a great night. Kennedy and I went with my friend Amanda and her kids while Bryan stayed home with the boys. We were able to watch grandma dance so it was a nice mother/daughter night out.

2 comments:

TracyVDM said...

What is a zoom-zoom lens? :)

The Rotman's said...

I assume you're joking, but I'm going to explain what I call the zoom-zoom. To a pro, like you, it's just your standard 75-300 zoom lens. To me, your typical mom photograher, it's a zoom-zoom lens that wasn't the hot deal for downtown when trying to capture a group of children. The standard lens is what I should've had along. Zoom-zoom is slick, in my opinion, when photographing just one subject. If I were a pro, the zoom-zoom may have worked great. I was pretty cranky when I realized I had the wrong one. Thankfully Jill had the hookup.