Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mosquito's, Dirt and LOTS of Caterpillars

On Sunday we headed up north to my parents place which is near Hardy Dam. My aunt and uncle hosted a kabob cookout that evening so a lot of my cousins came up for the night. It was a fun little reunion. The kids had a blast as there were so many little kids for them to run around with. The mosquito's were the only buggers. Thankfully we dossed ourselves in bug spray and didn't end up too bad by the time the night was over. Kennedy kept busy catching and collecting caterpillars. They were all over the place. I really wish I would've snapped a pic of the bucket full they had of them. I bet there were dozens of them in there. I'm not a creature lover, per se, so I'm very thankful she's not scared whatsoever of bugs and such. Kooper stayed entertained with a blanket full of new toys. Well, new to him anyway. I think he played for like 3 hrs. straight just on the blanket. It worked slick as we only had two to keep a constant eye on. It's amazing how fast a group of kids can book from on spot to another in a matter of seconds. Kolter seemed to have fun just exploring and getting dirty. I've learned that up north=LOTS of dirt and really dirty kids. Thankfully a tub at the end of the night seems to clean them up, good as can be. All and all it was a fun night away.
Our little nature lover showing off her findings.
The blanket of toys that entertained Kooper.
They also had some cardboard forts that were quite a hit with the kiddos.
Kolty hanging out in the back of daddy's truck.

No comments: