Thursday, January 29, 2009

Potty Training

So yesterday I decided to take another stab at getting Kooper potty trained. I know this doesn't happen overnight, there may be exceptions for some, but he's 2 1/2 now so I figure it's time we at least attempt it. I tried the week after Christmas with no such luck. He got some cool Cars undies and even that didn't entice him. I still am not 100% certain he's ready. He went yesterday, several times I might add, but only when I consciously put him on every 20 minutes. He never once asked or told me when he had to go. Thus being the main reason why I don't think he's quite ready. He did get one chocolate chip each time he went so I think he enjoyed the treats. We had one minor hiccup in the AM. I had just put him on the potty and he went. Great job, Koop. I decided to head downstairs and get on the computer for a few minutes so the kids came down with me and were just playing nicely in our toy room. We got the ball pit out the other night which has been the center of entertainment the past couple of days. They put their slide in it and have all sorts of fun. Anyway, about 5 minutes after we were downstairs Kenz comes running into the office saying that her pants were wet. I was like why are your pants wet? She's fully potty trained with no hiccups. She said they made a water slide. I thought for a sec, did they take a water bottle down, a big no, no, as I'm racing into the other room to see what was going on. Oh no, not water.. Kooper had peed in his undies and what they thought was their water slide was actually a pee-slide. Fun times, hey? Thankfully it was only on the slide and not in the actual ball pit. What a mess that would've been. After that little hiccup I decided to just keep a pullup on him so if he did have another little accident there wouldn't be quite so much clean up. I think the excitement of potty training has just begun.....

No comments: