Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gingerbread Cookie Bear Fun

The kids had been begging me to buy a gingerbread house during Christmas and I sorta put it off because I didn't think I had to the patience to endure a craft of that kind with them. I've done one before and think they are kinda tough. We did however find this fun little kit of gingerbread bears. Once shaped and baked the kids were able to frost, paint and decorate them to their liking. They love to paint so this was totally up their alley. The bears didn't turn out all that Martha Stewart like, but pretty enough to their 2 and 3 year old creators I did help put smiley faces on the ones that someone ate the candy eyes to. All and all it was a fun little craft and a ton easier than an actual gingerbread house. Maybe in a year or two we'll be ready for that.
Kooper liked the frosting, just a little. Okay it was probably his favorite part about the craft.
Very serious and into her painting.
Thinking painting could be fun.

More paint. It was edible in case you were curious.
All done and ready to enjoy. Kenz realized she didn't much care for gingerbread. Sugar cookies are a tad more tasty.

No comments: