Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Special Helper ~ Special Day

Last week Friday Kennedy was special helper at school so I was able to tag along and help in the classroom which is always a treat. Last time Bryan went along so I was excited that it was my turn once again. It's just so much fun spending that time seeing what they do for the 2.5 hrs they're at school. When chatting with her about her upcoming special helper day, one day on the way home from school, she mentioned that a classmate had their aunt come and help. I said oh, would you like one of your aunties to come with you and she said actually, mom, I'd really like it if Uncle Brad could come with. It was such a cute moment. I knew there was no way that Uncle Brad could do that, so she had to settle for me, but it was the thought that counts and we were sure to pass her thoughts onto Uncle Brad. :)
I very much enjoyed my morning with Kennedy. Not only was she special helper, but she was also able to take in a treat and pass it out to her friends in celebration of her 5th b-day. Her b-day actually falls on Easter this year and during spring break. She had lots of fun handing out, and assembling days before, her treat bags.  I think her friends enjoyed them, too.

Having some fun with the 'fishy- let's go swimming' song.. Painting a sunset...
Kennedy and Aiden.
Play time..
Showing me that she counted them all.
Putting together a 10Ft. long ABC puzzle with Taylor.

Hanging with some friends..
And making silly faces..
More dancing to another fun circle time song.
Putting on the Happy Birthday Hat...
Getting ready to go home by singing the goodbye song and Happy Birthday to Kennedy!

Such a fun day spent in the life of a preschooler!

1 comment:

THE WIERSEMAS said...

that is HILLARIOUS that she wanted brad to go with :)hehe i would love to see that! haha