Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Lick Of the Season

Last Wednesday the Village Dipper opened and after lunch we headed there for the first cone of the season. The kids were super excited that it was FINALLY open. I think they'd enjoy ice cream from the Dipper year long if it was available. It was nice spring afternoon and ice cream was the perfect after lunch treat.





After we finished our ice cream we decided to take a walk to the Drenthe Grove which is a nice little park about 3/4 of a mile up the road. Kennedy decided she wanted to ride her bike and I pushed the boys in the jogger. We got a little ways down the bike path when she decided she no longer wanted to ride her bike. Hmm, what to do?! I knew the boys would be upset if we decided to turn around and head back home, so she ended up pushing her bike for a long stretch. She got sick of that before long and I decided to try and hoist it up on the stroller and let it hang as we continued onward towards the park. Not all that comfy for me to push and hold a bike, but it worked. Once we got to the park I noticed she had taken her shoes off and was sitting in the grass. I asked what she was doing and she said her heels were bloody. She decided she wanted to wear her new shoes, against my wishes, and ended up with blisters because of all the walking she did. (imagine that :) ) Anyway, it was a decent day so I let her enjoy herself, by being barefoot, at the park. The kids played and had a great time. I wasn't quite sure what we were going to do to get home as she had bloody, blistered, heels and absolutely no desire to ride her bike. We managed to fit three kids in a two person jogger and I huffed the bike, attached again partly to the stroller, the whole way home. I'm sure the construction crew leaving the Grove thought I was nuts when they passed me. It was also nearing nap time so the Kolter wasn't the happiest of campers. I think I had to listen to him cry most of the way home because he didn't want sissy on or near his feet. Needless to say we booked it home as fast as we possibly could. Oh the joys!!!!!! I was glad to be home and even happier that the outside air and events of our excursion to the park made for three very sleepy kiddos. What an afternoon!

No comments: