Sunday, March 28, 2010

Girl's Weekend and the BIG 3-0!

On March 15th I celebrated my 30th, yikes, birthday!! What better way to celebrate than by heading to the east side of the state with some good friends for a little shopping weekend?! Sounds like fun to me and that's exactly what it was. Mexico was also part of my 30th- just a month+ early, so I'm also thankful I was able to celebrate with my hubby. Anyway, the girls and I headed out on a Friday afternoon and made our way to Auburn Hills, but first made a stop at Ikea.
We all found lots of goodies there. 4 carts full to be exact. :)

After Ikea we headed to our hotel and then ventured to On the Border for a late dinner.
I apologize that this pic is a tad blurry. My camera misbehaved a lot over the weekend. (joy)
Tracy, Mechelle, Brenda and I enjoyed our yummy meal.

On Saturday we literally spent our entire day at Great Lakes Crossings Mall.
Lots and lots of fun.
We did eat and see a movie, but still 10-9 at one place is crazy. The mall was huge though and we had a blast shopping til we couldn't anymore.
Here we are at Toby Keith's, I love this Bar & Grill.
Lots of fun!!
The restaurant was pretty cool.
The bar was huge and in the shape of a large guitar.
Brenda and I.
Bren is 8mo. prego so what a trooper she was. It was a long day on our feet.
All of us.


Overall it was a great weekend spent with great friends. Looking forward to a girl's weekend again. So much fun!
When I got home that day there was a Happy Birthday banner on the door welcoming me home and balloons and decorations galore. Bryan let the kiddos pick stuff out so I had an assortment of Kennedy's faves and also Koop's. There was one Over the Hill balloon that Bryan picked out but the rest was left up to the kids. It was super cute and super sweet. Unfortunately I didn't snap any pics of it. (not sure why)
Later that evening we met with our life group and they surprised me with a 30th cake in the shape of a margarita glass. It was super cute and very tastey. Thanks again, Rob.. you're awesome at cake baking/decorating.

I love margarita's so this was totally fitting.

My friend Tim also gave me a surprise by taking me back to all the fun we had in Mexico by sporting a tee from one of the entertainment crew. Lots of laughs. Guess you had to be with us in Mexico to really get this, but it was good entertainment for me. Thanks, Timmy aka Carlos.
What a surprise that Carlos came all the way from Mexico to wish me a happy 30th!
And if all that celebrating wasn't enough the folks I work with all decked out my office and brought in lots of yummy goodies to celebrate. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life.
A few of my favorite quotes in regards to turning 30...
Like a fine bottle of wine- you only get better with time.
30 is the new 20!
Age.. well.. it's just a silly number anyway!

No comments: