Friday, August 1, 2008

Silly Me!

On Wednesday afternoon Kennedy and Kooper had dentist appointments. They see Dr. Port of Port Pediatric Dentistry. For those with little tots I highly recommend her. Anyway, we dropped Kolter off at my grandparents and headed to the dentist. I wasn't sure how Kooper would do so I thought not having to also man Kolter would be a tad easier. When we got there the kids played for a bit in the very cool waiting room before they called us back. Once called back they got Kennedy all set up to have x-rays taken. She was such a big girl throughout the whole process and did exactly as the assistant asked. I was so proud of her and began snapping away taking all sorts of adorable pics. The x-rays were so cool because they took some so that we could see how her permanent teeth are going to come in. The top ones look like they are going to come in nice. She has a nice gap in her baby teeth that they said is perfect for allowing the big teeth to come in nicely. Once done with the x-rays we headed to the chair where they'd be polishing her teeth. Once in the chair I decided I'd take some more pics because, again, she looked just adorable laying there so sweetly. At that moment I looked down and realized I hadn't put my card back in the camera so in actuality I hadn't taken even one cute picture. Imagine my disappointment. Silly me! Maybe next time I'll have more luck and remember to put the card in the camera and actually capture some pics. This was their third time there without any pics to show for it. On another note, Kooper sat like a champ and even let Dr. Port polish his teeth. She said that's not typical in boys his age. I was shocked too because he laid there perfect as can be. (another great photo opp as he's not much of a sitter) I think he wanted to be just like sis as she went first and he got to watch as they cleaned her teeth. Both kids teeth checked out just great. She said we're doing an excellent job and to keep it up! I guess the days/nights of making them brush, even when they didn't want us to, paid off. Kennedy picked out an adorable ring and bracelet out of the prize box. Kooper, well, he didn't really care much about the prizes. He was all about playing in the other toy room they have right near where they clean your teeth. :-) All in all it was a great day at the dentist. I wish I enjoyed going to my dentist as much as they seemed to.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Does your camera have internal memory? Ours will store quite a few pictures internally even if you don't have the card in. Oh I hope for your sake you can find at least a few! We love Dr. Port too - glad the kids did great!

The Rotman's said...

I don't know how to find them if it does. I guess I could haul out the manual. The girl at their office suggested that as well yet I wasn't able to find any pics on the camera.