Thursday, December 2, 2010

1st Snow of the Season






Only in Michigan can it be on the warmer, mid 50's, side on Monday and  then two days later be super cold with everything snow covered.  The kids were beyond excited to wake up and see the snow.  They wanted to go out as soon as they woke, I didn't let them of course so they resorted to touching and eating snow off our deck.   After lunch I decided it was time for them to venture out to play and after dressing all four of them they were on their way.  This is the first year where I didn't venture out there with them and rather just watched from the windows.  It was awesome!! They had so much fun and it definitely got all their wiggles out.  They did come to the door on several occasions for me to fix their mittens but other than that I think they were out there for a good hour.  (way longer than I expected)  When they came in we warmed them up with some hot chocolate and a little snack.  What a great hour of play!!  I must say I'm not a cold weather/winter fan, but seeing the kids light up at the sight of snow and enjoy the outdoors does/did fill my heart with joy.  Here's to a fun , fun winter!!

No comments: