Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A play date with cousins

This morning we headed to Deanna's Playhouse and met up with my sister in law's and my nieces and nephew and had a great time playing . It was kind of a rainy, wet, morning so it was prefect for playing indoors. Us girl's had been wanting to get together all summer and finally we were able to make it happen. I think we all had a great time. We ended our play date with lunch at McDonald's. My kids were so tuckered out by all the playing that they all went right down for naps as soon as we got home. I love days like this! The plan is to head to the Hudsonville Fair tonight, so that was a good incentive to get them to sleep without any fuss. Our play date will continue into the evening when we all meet up once again. What a great day to spend some quality time with family.
Brother's playing trains.

The motorcycles were quite the hit!
I think Reed was on one pretty much the entire time.

Kenz is such a great big sister as she helps Kolter ride along.


Some cool dude shades!
Playing dress-up with also a highlight!
Carley, Reed and Kenz


Putting on a show. Aren't their costumes cool?

Ella not so sure she liked the dino hat. (I think that's what it was.)

Kolter, well, he thought it was cool. For a sec anyway. He wanted to dress up but would chuck any hat you tried putting on him. This was the only thing he'd keep on and like I said, that didn't last long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had those exact Buzz Lightyear and other astronaut guy costumes on a week ago. May I ask how long you stay? We usually cannot make it longer than 2.5 hours (by we, I mean me). I think my kids could make it for 3 hours. I have one more free parent coupon to use up.

The Rotman's said...

I think we were there about 2 hrs. and we left because the kds were getting hungry. I agree that 2- 2.5 hrs. is long enough.