Friday, August 21, 2009

Bye, Bye Pacificer

On Monday, August 17th, we said goodbye to Kolter's pacifier aka pippy. (I have no idea why we call it a pip rather than a pipe, but it's what we did) The kids were at my mom's while I worked and the pippy a went missing. My mom had to lay him down without it after looking everywhere trying to find it. She said he cried for about 30 minutes and then fell asleep. As that was our last one, I decided it was time to say goodbye for good. We had meant to take it away at his first b-day but thought we'd let him keep it thru the summer as he tends to put everything in his mouth. Bedtime on Monday was a tad rough as he cried for about 35 minutes before crashing for the night. He was managed to take his pj shirt off during his bout of crying so he slept topless all night. Tuesday nap and bedtime went much better with no tears to report. Our little sweetie catches on quickly, must be. All and all ridding the pacifier wasn't all that bad. Thought I'd post a pic of the last time he had his pippy in. I must say he looks much better without it in. He talks a lot more now that it's gone, too.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I've been meaning to take Evan's away for a while too, but am having a harder time with it! I guess I should just stick with it. My only downside is having a new little one soon, it might be hard on him with so many changes at once! Might have to hold out for a while yet...

The Rotman's said...

It's so tough. I'd probably let him have it for awhile longer and maybe try it around Christmas after the baby newness wears off. If you're gonna take it away I suggest going cold turkey. It sucks for a day or two but once they know you aren't going to cave they tend to not fight it. (mine anyway) Good luck, Megan. Looking forward to baby news anytime now.

The O'Connor Family said...

Way to go Kolter!!

TracyVDM said...

I agree, Megan- We went cold turkey, too. Well, actually with Isabella & Avery (although he was also a thumb sucker and still is) but Elise weaned herself of it when we started making her sleep in her crib instead of with us, she was mad, so she'd throw it out and we wouldn't give it back, so after two days, she was done!

Way to go, Kolter!! Elise is into stripping herself in bed lately, too. Quite often, we find her topless in the morning! lol!! One day during nap, when Terry was home with her, she stripped herself completely naked and peed in her bed!!

Anonymous said...

Tracy I want your little girl in m bed, let her strip naked for me and pee all over me then I lick her little p---y clean