Wednesday, July 8, 2009

15 Months Already

Our little honey boy is 15 months today!
It's nuts to me to think that when Kennedy was just 15 months, Kooper was born. She seemed like such a big girl at the time and Kolter seems like such a baby still. I couldn't imagine bringing a new baby home now. I guess that could be because he's our last, Lord willing that is, and so I baby him more than I did my first. I guess it also makes me realize that although I thought she was a big girl, she really was still such a baby at just 15 months. All that aside, we are having a blast with Kolter at this age. He is just so much fun and such a sweet, happy, active child. He is fearless, which is scary, and loves to do, or attempt anyway, anything that his big brother or sister can do. He can climb up our swing set all on his own and slide down the slide without any help. He also loves to stand on top of anything he can climb on, before getting caught that is, and will proceed to jump if he's not up too high. (the little picnic table, a little tikes chair- no fear) This totally freaks me out and, knock on wood, thankfully he hasn't been hurt. I think he follows his brother's lead as Kooper is pretty active himself. Dancing is also another favorite activity of his lately. It cracks us up every time when he gets his dance on. I should really get that on video. The Boom Boom Pow (edited version) is his current favorite. Mowing the yard with daddy is another activity that he loves. He'll cry and whine at the door if he doesn't get to go. Pretty much anything he can do with dad he enjoys. He's turned into quite the daddy's boy when dad's home. He adores his brother and sister, too. The other night Kenz spent the night with my parents and about an hour or so before bedtime he was walking through the house, as if looking for Kenz, and was saying sis go with this hmm look on his face. It was super cute. His vocabulary is increasing daily it seems. I haven't actually counted all the words he can say, but my current fave is oh baby. Another that I need to get on video. Today we went for his well child check up and that was a treat. He started crying as soon as we entered the room. Apparently he knows he doesn't like the doctor's office. He had herpangina two weeks ago so we were just there. That's the only thing I can think else he has a really good memory from his last encounter with shots. Anyway, he cried our entire visit. The cool part was that his cry didn't seem to change when he got his shots so they must not have bothered him too bad. He was back to his happy self as soon as we walked out of the office. I'll end now with his stats :
Height was 31 3/4 which put him in the 75th percentile
Weight was 23 lbs. 9 oz which is the 30th percentile
All and all he's still growing great!
We praise God for 15 wonderful months with our sweet little love!

2 comments:

Brad and Jill said...

What a little honey - we should hang out soon - I would love to hear him talk! He is such a little blessing! Jill

The Rotman's said...

It seems like forever since we've seen you guys. We miss you, too.