Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sure enough..

Our sweet little Kolter has his first ear infection and a dual at that. I have been to our pediatricians office now for the past 3 Wednesday's in a row. I'm relived that finally my intuition was right. I went in 2 weeks ago because I thought he had a possible ear infection and he turned out to be in the clear. Last week when we were there for his well child the dr. said he had some fluid in both but that they were not yet infected. He gave me the whole speel about if he runs a fever or is tugging at his ear they could become infected as result of the fluid so give us a call if those symptoms become present. Needless to say all weekend he was crabby, just not his self, and ran a low grade fever. As I'm not typically one to rush to the dr. I decided to wait it out at little because he did just get 4 shots so the fever could've been the result of that as could his fussiness. The fever went away but the fussiness continued. He's typically a very happy boy so I decided to take him in today for peace of mind if nothing else. Like I said I was relieved that now we know what's been bugging him. Hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and our happy little boy will be back. On top of the ear infection he also has a funky rash going on his back and even into his bottom area. The dr. said that's just a virus that will fade as it runs it's course. When it rains, it pours for our sweet little Kolter. Hopefully come next week all will be better and we won't have to visit the doctor. Oh the joys!!!

1 comment:

Brad and Jill said...

Poor little buddy - ear infections are the pits - I really hope he feels better soon! Jill