Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Young Explorers

Today was a very exciting and much anticipated day at our house as Kennedy headed to school for the very first time. She, along with her best gal pal Emma, are attending the Young Explorer's Camp at South Side Christian this week. It's part of the enrichment program and is geared for preschoolers. They had so much fun today and came home with some exciting stuff and lots of stories. They had a 'Cook it Up' class where they made four yummy treats and also a "Ooey Gooey' science class where they made some ooey gooey slime. Kennedy said that school was lots of fun and that she enjoyed playing with Emma all morning long. She can't wait for morning to come so that she can see Emma again and go to school. I pray that she has this much excitement for school when fall actually nears. The only bummer might be that Emma wouldn't be at the same preschool as her. We'll cross that bridge when the time comes, I guess. I must say that I did really well sending her off today. Tonight when I tucked her into bed it did hit me that my baby is growing up and that was a bittersweet feeling.
If only they stayed little just a tad bit longer....
Kennedy and Emma all ready for class.
Showing off their pans of goodies..
While the girls were in school the boys enjoyed a little play date and Jami and I had fun chatting and catching up.
Next summer baby Hayden will be right in there alongside Kooper, Logan, and Kolter.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

What a neat program and a nice way to feel out what school will be like in the fall!

THE WIERSEMAS said...

Kennedy will be nice and ready for preschool in the fall :) I saw the class lists and i know a few of the kids/parents in her class next year...she will have fun!