Friday, February 6, 2009

Pearly Whites

On Wednesday Kenz and Koop went to see Dr. Port for their bi-yearly dental checkups. Both of them checked out with perfect hygiene and no cavities. (or sugar bugs as the Dr. calls them) All the times we had to force them to brush really do and did pay off. They actually like to brush now, most of the time, and love going to see Dr. Port. Both kids were so brave and sat just as perfect as could be for Dr. Port to examine and clean their pearly whites. I was very proud of both of them.
Dr. Port is showing them what the polisher is going to feel like on their teeth and gums.
Koop held tight to his fireman buddy as she cleaned.
They are counting her teeth in this pic. Both kids have 20 teeth each. 10 on top and 10 on the bottom. I had no clue that Koop cut his back molars over the past 6 months.
Being brave as her teeth are being cleaned.
When we were all finished both out to grab a special something out of the toy chests. Kenz picked a tiara and a tatoo and Kooper got a dinosaur and a parachute guy. The toys were a hit!! They also enjoyed their goody bags filled with a new tooth brush, toothpaste and floss. I sure wish I enjoyed going to the dentist as much as they do. :-)

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

So glad that your kids did so well. Silly, but after we had such a terrible time there, just the sight of the Dr. and her office (in your pictures) makes me sick to my stomach! I don't think I'll ever forget that day. Wishing your kidos many more cavity-free visits!

Brad and Jill said...

Boy - they do awesome at the dentist - I love that you took pics! Chucky Jesus looked like lots of fun:) Jill