Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A style All her Own

My baby girl is growing up, no doubt about that.  And while she no longer lets me dress her in cute girly, girl dresses and Matilda Jane outfits she has come into a style all her own and it's fun to see what she's going to come up with next. (most of the time anyway)  I try to get her to wear more than just jeans and tee once in awhile- so we're learning to compromise...  She has to give and so do I. :)  We also pick out her school clothes the night before so there are no issues in the am.  Her current obsession is anything that sports a peace sign.  My mom picked her up a few new things the other day and that's all she's been wanting to wear.  Thankfully peace apparel seems to be 'in style' so we've got some to work with.......that is until she moves onto the next thing.
  She's also been into doing her own hair lately which typically consists of a side ponytail. :)  Thankfully she still lets me do it when it comes to heading to school /church, although the other day she had taken out what I did and was sporting a side tail when I picked her up at noon.  Oh the joys!!  I'm sure all this is just a taste of what's to come over the years. 
The below was a practice we did for wacky day at school.  Jenna came home with us after school for a playdate and thought she needed some highlights too.  I admit I was a bit nervous spraying these blondies for fear it wouldn't wash right out like it was supposed to.  Much to my surprise it came out nicely after only one shampooing.  These girls thought they were the coolest with stands of hot pink.  It was such a treat spending the afternoon girling it up with them.  I think we may be in trouble when they are teens. :)  These two are quite the dynamic duo. 

4 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Love it Daysha! I do believe we are only beginning to see the battles that lie ahead. However, they can be so sweet that it will be worth it :-). The pink hair was a HUGE hit and I've promised Jenna it can be pink again. She wore the t-shirt to bed and then put it in the dryer in the morning to, in her words "freshen it up" so she could wear it to school...lol!

The Rotman's said...

Love that girl. :) I can just see it. Kennedy's hair was pink again for wacky day and then last night she wanted it highlighted for pizza night. Why not. :) I'm just super thankful it washes out like a charm. They can be rockers for halloween. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute hair! what product did you use? I'd love to try it out!:)
I know what you mean about battles... so far it is usually the socks but I'm sure it'll graduate to the whole outfit soon:) independent thinking:)
Lynae VanBronkhorst

The Rotman's said...

It was some washable stuff from Sally's. They have a variety of color choices. :) Girls are fun- aren't they? :) You just wait until M is about 5....that's when the fun really begins.