Monday, September 8, 2008

Dancing Diva

Kennedy started her first day of dance class today and really enjoyed it! I'm still struggling with the fact that my baby girl is old enough to take dance. She is taking a Wee Steps class at W.E. Dance Academy which consists of tap, ballet, and tumbling. It was bittersweet for me today because it was the first time, other than her class at church, that I've had to leave her with someone other than a friend or family member in 3+years. This is good though because it's preparing me for the preschool/school years in which she'll have to leave me for longer than just an hour. :-) She was cute as a button today in her little leotard and ballet and tap shoes. She had a little skirt on too but took it off as the other girls weren't wearing them. So far there are only two other little girls in her class so I know she's getting lots of good focused instruction. I'm looking forward to the seeing what she learns over the year.
On a side note if you're wondering about the gash smack in the middle of her forehead, well, she walked into daddy's go-cart, which was up on a table in the garage, and she got the bad end of the deal. Thankfully other than the gash all else is/was okay.

4 comments:

The Geurinks said...

She is just the cutest!! I love that she's taking dance--so girly:-).

Bruce, Annie, Avery & Jack said...

Looks like she is already having a blast. What a great experience! She looks perfect in pink.

Brad and Jill said...

Oh - that is so cool - I know you mentioned it in the past that she would be taking class but I too can't believe she is old enough to take a dance class! I hope sometime they perform so I can see her dance - she looks so cute!!! Jill

The Robinsons said...

She is adorable! And I'm so glad that she did great with the idea of going without you! What a big step! Can't wait to see video of her recitals someday soon!